November 29, 2017

          Wed.       2 days left of November!    Weather has been unseasonably warm, dry and very pleasant.  We've survived (and enjoyed as well as suffered through)  Thanksgiving.    3 of our 4 children came to dinner, with spouses, partners and 7 grandchildren, thus the slowness of gallery business, gave me a needed rest.     We're all longing for snow on the mountains!
          We've just been back 6 weeks from  Europe - it's been intense,    but the drawings I was able to do there,   keep the days abroad alive for me.   Progress was made on my show for late Spring '18:    I met with Dr. Philipp Aumann in Usedom and saw the rooms the show will occupy.   And finally the painting   "Progress in Eden"   has finally been located in storage at  the hotel resort of my German  nobleman where it has been since my show there.   So it is now being sent to the museum in Peenemuende;  that is a relief to me, as it was t he first painting in the series being shown--no formal title yet, but "Preoccupied with Missiles"  will do for the moment. 

Carol Hoy and Laila Ionescu's shows will continue through January 2018.  (see 2 new images of Hoy's)   Louise Baum's very subtle Monoprints have graced the entry wall and been enjoyed by all visiters to the Gallery.     Thank you for the pleasure  and inspiration, Louise!

"Chant Master" - Carol Hoy
"Pearl Fisher" - Carol Hoy






Ceramic #1 (Whale) - Laila Ionescu

Ceramic #2 - Laila Ionescu

No comments:

Post a Comment